(Adapted from my brilliant compatriot Amy’s SelfishMom.com disclosure policy.)
This policy is valid from January 1, 2010 and may be changed at any time. This policy is not retroactive and posts made before January 1, 2010 do not necessarily adhere to these policies.
MissLori.TV is a personal blog written and edited by Miss Lori. For questions about this blog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This blog accepts many forms of compensation, including (but not limited to) paid posts, sponsorships, advertising, products, and trips.
The compensation Miss Lori receives may influence the advertising content, links, or post topics of this blog, but will never influence Miss Lori’s opinions on any subject or product.
If a reader clicks on a link or advertisement on Miss Lori.TV and subsequently makes a purchase on that website, or uses a discount code found on MissLori.TV, Miss Lori may receive some form of compensation, (cash or otherwise), from that company or website.
Compensation levels will be stated clearly at the end of any post that mentions a product, service or location that is covered by any of the levels listed below, (or possibly within a post if there are many products listed, such as a gift list). If no compensation level is listed, it is to be assumed that there was no compensation involved with the post or any products, services or locations mentioned in the post. For the purposes of these levels Miss Lori does not consider transportation to and from a local event, or food consumed at an event, as compensation. Compensation refers to cash, gift certificates, products, or services.
* Level 1: Some or all of the products or services mentioned were provided to Miss Lori free of charge.
* Level 2: The product or service mentioned was provided to Miss Lori free of charge and Miss Lori was compensated to post about the product or service.
* Level 3: Miss Lori was compensated for inserting links from a specific website in this post.
* Level 4: Miss Lori was compensated for including a product in pictures or videos in this post.
* Level 5: Miss Lori was compensated for attending the event mentioned in this post.
* Level 6: Miss Lori was compensated for posting about the event mentioned in this post.
* Level 7: Miss Lori was provided with transportation, food, lodging, tickets, and/or other incidentals for the trip mentioned in this post.
* Level 8: Although not specifically compensated for this post, Miss Lori has an ongoing relationship with a company connected with a product, service or location mentioned in this post that Miss Lori feels may have influenced her decision to post about it.
* Level 9: Products, services or tickets were provided to Miss Lori to give away in a contest.
* Level 10: Products, services or tickets were provided to Miss Lori to give away in a contest and to keep for her own use, attendance, or for review.
* Level 11: Miss Lori was compensated for administering this contest or party.
* Level 12: The product or service mentioned advertises directly with MissLori.TV.
*Level 13 The product or service mentioned was bought and paid for with Miss Lori’s own hard earned money that she doesn’t have a lot of, and thus doesn’t like to part with, so it must have been important.
If Miss Lori is given free products of minimal value, (under $1000), at a conference, event or meeting that are being given to all attendees, such as bags, books, water bottles, small product samples, coupons, etc., she does not consider these items as compensation and will not necessarily mention them when talking about a product.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely Miss Lori’s own, unless otherwise stated. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. If Miss Lori quotes from a press release or other source, that content will be clearly marked.
Miss Lori does not have control of which products, services or locations appear in advertisements hosted by third parties, and is not influenced in any way by these advertisements.
Miss Lori is not responsible for anything that happens to anyone as a result of following her advice or reviews, or purchasing a product or service as a result of visiting MissLori.TV.
If Miss Lori is paid specifically to Tweet about a product or service, she will append the Tweet with “[ST]” for “Sponsored Tweet” wherever possible. When an ad campaign doesn’t allow for changes, she will choose Tweets that are obviously written as ads, containing words such as “ad” or “spon”. If Miss Lori is working with a company as a consultant the abbreviation (cl) for client will be included in at least one of the initial tweets that she posts about the campaign.